Keystone Insulating Glass Certification Program
The Keystone Insulating Glass (IG) Certification Program is an ANSI-accredited third party certification program focused on the manufacture of sealed insulating glass products.
Keystone Certifications is determined to deliver unparalleled certifications and customer service. Your feedback is vital to us.
The durability of sealed insulating glass products is highly dependent on glass room workmanship and attention to detail. Keystone's experienced staff works with IG program participants to establish proven quality control procedures, then performs bi-annual audits of licensee IG fabrication operations to ensure those procedures are implemented and sustained.
Certification of IG performance also requires periodic successful tests in accordance with ASTM E 2190, "Standard Specification for Insulating Glass Unit Performance and Evaluation" by a Keystone recognized laboratory.
Keystone IG Certification Program benefits:
- Maximized IG unit durability and minimized IG-related warranty/service costs.
- Provides credential to licensee manufacturers and "peace of mind" to consumers.
- Fulfills the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) and US EPA ENERGY STAR® IG certification requirements for fenestration product manufacturers.
The Getting IG Certified Checklist describes how manufacturers become Keystone IG Program licensees, and includes a list of Qualification Rules to be considered when determining how to build the IG specimen for testing. For more specific guidance, follow the links at the bottom of this page.
August 21st IG Poll results as of 8/23:
- 49.1% - Seal durability testing has been around forever, if a manufacturer can't pass the test, they shouldn't make insulating glass
- 50.9% - ASTM E2190 should be revised to define less-stringent, yet meaningful residential IG performance requirements.